Zpool upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhoot

Patron
I just upgraded my freenas from 9.3 to 11.1 u2 stable for cutting down time on my scrubs In 9. 3 it took roughly 5 days. I'm hoping for improvement on that.
Recently I realized that the status had become yellow and gave me a warning "New feature flags are available for volume bhoot. Refer to the "Upgrading a ZFS Pool" section of the User Guide for instructions."
Now when I do the Zpool status in putty it says
Code:
status: Some supported features are not enabled on the pool. The pool can
		still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Enable all features using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done,
		the pool may no longer be accessible by software that does not support
		the features. See zpool-features(7) for details.

What features am I exactly missing? Will the scrubs take as long without the upgrade. I did try looking for it online with no joy except that it's a one way bridge (like contra). Once you go on it there is no turning back and the bridge and the scenery behind is left behind forever

m0nkey_

MVP
It's regarding new feature flags in ZFS and you won't be missing out on much. You only run zpool upgrade once you're sure you will not be rolling back.

Bhoot

Patron

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I don't remember what 9.10 introduced, but 11's changes are backwards compatible with 9.10 when the new features aren't being used. And they're useless for everyone who doesn't do dedup, ZFS native encryption or is so paranoid as to want to apply a cryptographic-grade hash function to the data instead of fletcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.