You do not have permission to access \\IP Address\home . contact your network Administrator to request access,

You do not have permission to access \\IP Address\home . contact your network Administrator to request access,

After update to FreeNAS-11.3-U3.1,

How to set the permission for Domain Admin: corp\admin

OS Version:

FreeNAS-11.3-U3.1
Model:
System Product Name
Memory:
18 GiB

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Try \\<FreeNAS IP>\homes, instead.

Please suggest how set the Permission for domain admin to access the shared folder on NAS as in new version i am unable to set the permission.

Samuel Tai

Unless you created a home share, it doesn't exist. The FreeNAS homes share is homes.

Samuel Tai

For the configured shares, look at /usr/local/etc/smb4_share.conf.

hi, I am Wintel Admin (SME), and new on FreeNAS but using within 2 years, in FreeNAs New version i am unable to find from where i can give the access to any domain users.
So, please guide me as beginner, how to check and send you input for diagnose.

Attachments

• NAS.png
    NAS.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 435

altano

Dabbler
@Samuel Tai that was exactly the information I was missing. After following the Home Share Home Share documentation I was trying desperately to access \\truenas\home\ as nothing in the documentation indicated it would be special. I finally stumbled into running testparm -s, realized the home share was special, and lo and behold \\truenas\homes worked.

This should really be added to the documentation at https://www.truenas.com/docs/core/sharing/smb/homeshare/ for sure. Any idea where I could file a ticket or even a pull request on the documentation?

Redcoat

MVP
Any idea where I could file a ticket or even a pull request on the documentation?
"Report a bug" is on the masthead.