xmrig

oliver1506

Cadet
Hello. is there anyone who will help me set up xmrig.
I'm a beginner, and can not figure out how to make it work

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I guess you installed the plugin...

It runs from a .json config file which you should create by going here: https://xmrig.com/wizard

Put that config file in your jail replacing the existing one. (the location can be found in the jail with find / -name config.json ... I don't have it installed, so can't do that for you)

oliver1506

Cadet
okay thanks, but how can i replace the old jason file

Attachments

• 1614956655042.png
    1614956655042.png
    312 bytes · Views: 287
  • 1614956658398.png
    1614956658398.png
    312 bytes · Views: 259

oliver1506

Cadet
how should i make it with this website. what should i press?
sorry for all the questions one is a beginner

jgreco

Resident Grinch
[Moderator note: this has nothing to do with installing TrueNAS/FreeNAS, moved to General Questions -jg]

oliver1506

Cadet
[QUOTE = "jgreco, post: 634546, medlem: 115"]
[Moderator note: dette har intet at gøre med installation af TrueNAS / FreeNAS, flyttet til Generelle spørgsmål -jg]
[/CITERE]
sorry

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems

RSVP

Explorer
Did you ever figure this out? I use bitwise on a windows machine to go into that location it is a lot easier then shell. I did that but it still doesn't seem to do anything with the pool I am using that has 3 other (linux) machines connected. I tried to make a jail and do what xmring say to do with freebsd but the last line doesn't work.

danb35

Hall of Famer
A few issues here:
  • Do not use the "shell" button in the GUI. Seriously, just don't. While it's OK for running a quick command, it works messes with control characters and copy/paste is horribly broken. Use SSH instead.
  • The config file is located, in the jail, at /usr/local/etc/xmrig/xmrig.json. You'll need to either replace that with the one that you generated using the wizard, or edit it accordingly.
  • You can edit config.json in the jail itself, or using a GUI editor like BBEdit, VSCode, or Notepad++ on your client machine, connecting to your TrueNAS system using SFTP. If your client machine runs Windows, make sure you save the file with Unix line endings.

rodrigojds

Cadet
A few issues here:
  • Do not use the "shell" button in the GUI. Seriously, just don't. While it's OK for running a quick command, it works messes with control characters and copy/paste is horribly broken. Use SSH instead.
  • The config file is located, in the jail, at /usr/local/etc/xmrig/xmrig.json. You'll need to either replace that with the one that you generated using the wizard, or edit it accordingly.
  • You can edit config.json in the jail itself, or using a GUI editor like BBEdit, VSCode, or Notepad++ on your client machine, connecting to your TrueNAS system using SFTP. If your client machine runs Windows, make sure you save the file with Unix line endings.
Hello,
I was able to successfully create the config file (https://xmrig.com/wizard#start) and copy the important stuff over to the Jail's config file. There was a lot of information already in the config file, I just wrote the output of my created file towards the end of the existing file.

What's the next step? How do I start the actual mining? thanks

danb35

Hall of Famer