XDRH-IT Motherboard NICs not giving IP

David Henrickson

Explorer
Hello,

I have recently started to upgrade my past FreeNas machine to a TrueNAS machine and I wanted to do that with new hardware. I proceeded to buy a XDRH-IT motherboard and I have installed an E5-2678v3 with 32Gb of EEC memory. I have it up and running with the first TrueNAS 12 Core installation that i have installed on numerous computers already at work. TrueNAS boots up fine, but does NOT detect any NIC on the machine. I have tried both. Yes, I know they are 10GB Base-T NIC's. I have them running to a Dell PowerConnect 5448 that detects them just fine as there are lights on the switch AND on the NICs on the back of the server. But when TrueNAS boots up.....no NIC to show for access. I have tried the jumpers. I have tried installing a Intel quad gigabit nic in another PCI lane and still...lights....no IP. My pfsense router won't even detect it to give it an IP. Am I missing something glaring me straight in the face? The Management NIC on the motherboard works perfectly. I start and shutdown the computer from that just fine. I'm at a loss. Everything I put in there...lights....no IP.