XBMC mysql for a centralised XBMC watched and progress library

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverJS

Patron
Actually, symlinks for thumbnails don't seem to work right now. I'll investigate.

SilverJS

Patron

SilverJS

Patron
Duplicate, sorry.

SilverJS

Patron
Not sure why this happened so many times, duplicate again...

Yatti420

Wizard
Agreed but it's keeping a local cache of thumbnails versus on the NAS correct? I'm still having problems with bookmarks.. Haven't attempted any special stuff yet.. Simply library and some other minor tweaks to advancedconf for xbmc 12.3 (frodo)..

SilverJS

Patron
Not sure, I don't use bookmarks. Everything works fine without my symlink for the regular stuff, though.

Ryan Beall

Dabbler
Yeah, I'm having issues with thumbnails as well. I had a similar setup working on my old NAS (my book live) running mysql. So I know my script for advanced settings.xml is close enough to get it working. It seems like it is only pushing the database entries when I scrape and because scraping misses a lot you have to go in and add them manually. None of the manual corrections to the database/thumbnails are actually getting pushed to the NAS thumbnail folder? They aren't syncing up. Same version/install that works fine using my mybooklive.

SilverJS

Patron
Just a heads-up - when trying to use the command :

pkg install mysql55-server

I get the advisory :

pkg: No packages matching 'mysql55-server' has been found in the repositories

Executing a pkg search on MySQL nets quite a few results, most interesting of which are that the mysql server branch has been renamed. The correct one, for 5.5, is :

mysql-server-5.5.32

Might want to update the guide to reflect.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Yatti420

Wizard
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.