xbmc in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKman

Explorer
i've read the other posts on the topic of xbmc, but rather than necro an old thread here goes my question:

i have a jail for my central xbmc database, however i'd like to setup an instance of xbmc itself in a jail so that i can utilize it's web server capabilities (i want sickbeard to announce new downloads to this xbmc instance which then adds the show to the central library. this way i don't have to keep another computer on all the time with xbmc running). so i don't plan on actually watching xbmc through the freenas, just want to see if i can get it to add to central library.

is this even possible/feasible? does anyone have experience with getting xbmc working within a freenas jail? i suspect i would need a port jail for this, but before i experiment, just polling for others input. thanks, i'm still a freenas noob.

joelmusicman

Patron
The port does exist and can be found here... I have no idea if it'll work without a GUI or if its even possible to change any settings. I suppose once you have the config setup for your mySQL server for both the jail and point to the files from another PC it could work, but you'd probably need to map to the same share (CIFS?).

Let us know if you get it working because it's a pretty good idea. :)

JKman

Explorer
hmmm, so far have been unable to compile the port or install the pkg.

Status
Not open for further replies.