X10SLM-F RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z300M

Guru

Z300M

Guru
Last time I visited Kingston site, all these memory where compatible with Supermicro X10SLM-F board:

- KVR16E11/8EF
- KVR16LE11/8EF
- KVR16E11/8
- KVR16LE11/8
- KVR16E11K4/32

Now it shows only 4GB modules: :(

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/s...MI_X10SLM-F_Supermicro_-_X10SLM-F_Motherboard
Just finished a chat session with Kingston Tech Support. There have been reports of ECC errors when using four 8GB modules in the X10SL7-F and X10SAE motherboards. They are not sure, but they think the problem is with their memory components, and they are trying to resolve the problem in cooperation with Supermicro.

If there is a problem with the modules I ordered, they will refund my money. If the two 8GB modules I already ordered work OK but there is a problem if I later add two more, they will replace the old ones by updated ones -- assuming, of course, that it is Kingston's problem and not Supermicro's.

panz

Guru
Just finished a chat session with Kingston Tech Support. There have been reports of ECC errors when using four 8GB modules in the X10SL7-F and X10SAE motherboards. They are not sure, but they think the problem is with their memory components, and they are trying to resolve the problem in cooperation with Supermicro.

If there is a problem with the modules I ordered, they will refund my money. If the two 8GB modules I already ordered work OK but there is a problem if I later add two more, they will replace the old ones by updated ones -- assuming, of course, that it is Kingston's problem and not Supermicro's.

Thank you! Well done.

jyavenard

Patron
I use 4*8GB KVR16E11/8EF in two servers with x10sl7-f; no issue in 80 days

Z300M

Guru
I use 4*8GB KVR16E11/8EF in two servers with x10sl7-f; no issue in 80 days
That's encouraging, even though I ordered only two of those (but may want to add two more later) -- but do you mean four 8GB modules in each server, or four total?

I don't know when I'm going to get my stuff. Everything was supposed to be delivered yesterday, then it was delayed 24 hrs. leaving New Jersey because of the weather, and now there is no record of it having arrived at any of the usual intermediate UPS depots. I suspect that it was on a truck that was held up by, or even involved in, the 100-plus vehicle pileup on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Status
Not open for further replies.