X10 Board BIOS Stops Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ere109

Contributor
I'm helping a friend build his first NAS, and ran into a snag today. He bought a Supermicro X10-SRA board and a few SSD drives. When the machine powers up, it goes straight into bios. Even after installing FN 11.2 on the SSD, it reboots into bios.
I get six beeps, which I assume is 5+1 (power on, input/output error). It has an evga video card and I get output. I've also got a USB keyboard and mouse connected.
I installed from DVD, using the dual boot option (legacy and UEFI mode). Install went fine, and it asked me to reboot. It rebooted to bios. I spent an hour changing boot options, directing it to the SSD, reinstalling via legacy, changing ahci to ide, no luck. If i exit the bios without reboot, it starts loading FreeNAS.
So the OS is there, but it keeps booting to bios. It's got bios 2.0c, and there's a 2.1 available. I could try to update the bios. I suspect the issue is either my five beep codes or the firmware, but I'm at a loss, and don't want to proceed in the wrong direction.
Thoughts?

Apollo

Wizard
I would try installing with only one SSD plugged in and select the proper boot option to point to that one SSD.
What brand of SD are you using?

ere109

Contributor
It's a Kingston A400 - 120GB. The other is a Samsung 860. I could try that. I feel bad, because I talked him up, and he was really bummed when he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.