Windows Share Permission issue. Can I pay for support?

kirkdickinson

Contributor
I am having an ongoing issue with a windows share not giving me the permissions that I need to use it. I have two other threads on this and people have tried to help me, but I still have issues. I have tried setting the permissions both from the GUI and using setfacl. I still do not have the settings right.

Things that I can do:
  • I can copy files to the share
  • I can read files on the share

Things that I can never do:
  • Run an exe from the share
  • Open files from share using CMD or batch files on Windows Machines
  • Access a file based database from the share (old database program using BDE)

Things that I can do sometimes and not others:
  • Rename a file on the share
  • Delete a *.TMP file from the share
  • Rename a subdirectory on the share
I have a program on all my Windows machines called Vice Versa. It runs backups of critical files on a schedule. I have found hundreds of *.tmp files on the share. I realized that Vice Versa, when it copies files, it copies to a TMP file and after it is sucessfuly copied, then renames it to the actual file name. It can copy the file, but then the rename fails and leaves hundreds of orphan TMP files. I can't even delete them manually through from Windows Explorer.

Here are the two other threads:

I don't have a problem paying someone to help me fix this issue. For a knowledgeable person, this is probably an easy fix, for me... not so much. :(

Thanks,
Kirk

Last edited: