SOLVED Windows share ISO file access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRG

Cadet
Hello everyone!
I have a FreeNAS-9.2.1.5-RELEASE-x64 running of a USB stick on a HP micro server G8. Pretty simple setup, keeping defaults, a single pool, shared over NFS and CIFS (not sure this has anything to do with it) Linux and Windows clients are writing into different directories. Also lz4 compression is enabled and permissions were kept Unix style.

With a few ISO files, one is ~800MB , one is ~7GB, every time I tried to copy them over CIFS on the FreeNas I get a "Access denied on file...." error message right at 99% completion.
The file physically doesn't appear to be created on the disk at the destination location during the copy process, I checked using putty.
Trying from Windows XP and Windows 7 end up with same results.

I have looked though the logs but didn't see anything meaningful, so right now I have no idea what to do next, maybe someone with more FreeNas experience can point me to the right direction.

Thank you

FRG

Cadet
Creating a new dataset, using Windows permissions and creating a new Windows share allowed me to copy the same file to FreeNAS. Apparently sharing the same dataset over NFS and CIFS, even thought not writing in the same directories, can cause problems for Windows users.
Not sure this is a bug, side effect behavior or is just not supported.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.