Windows laptop cannot see FreeNAS machine on my network - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtec

Dabbler
Hello

I am trying to install FreeNAS on a machine (mentioned below) and use it to save and share files between other devices, namely my laptop running Windows 7 x64 Home.

At first I've installed the FreeNAS on a usb drive connected to the following machine:
-AMD Athlon II X4 640
-8Gb of RAM
-HDD 1TB

The installation concluded with no problems. According to many tutorials I then opened my laptop's browser and configured FreeNAS using the web interface.
Thus, I have changed some basic setups in order to have the FreeNAS machine displayed on my network when Im on my laptop:
-root password was changed
-Storage > volume manager: I've added the new volume adding my 1TB HDD
-Sharing > add windows (SMB) shares: I've added the the share "/mnt/data"

Finally, I tried to see if I could see my newly added FreeNAS on my network by opening the computer window but I couldn't see anything but my own laptop on the section "nework".

NOTES:
1. Network Discovery is turned on
2. File and printer sharing is turned on
3. IPv4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties > Advanced > WINS > Netbios setting = Enable Netbios over TCP/IP

Although I believe I have done everthing correctly, I dont know whats wrong for me not to be able to see the FreeNAS machine on my network. I would really appreciate if someone could help me on my issue.

Thanks in advance

SavageAUS

Patron
Hello

I am trying to install FreeNAS on a machine (mentioned below) and use it to save and share files between other devices, namely my laptop running Windows 7 x64 Home.

At first I've installed the FreeNAS on a usb drive connected to the following machine:
-AMD Athlon II X4 640
-8Gb of RAM
-HDD 1TB

The installation concluded with no problems. According to many tutorials I then opened my laptop's browser and configured FreeNAS using the web interface.
Thus, I have changed some basic setups in order to have the FreeNAS machine displayed on my network when Im on my laptop:
-root password was changed
-Storage > volume manager: I've added the new volume adding my 1TB HDD
-Sharing > add windows (SMB) shares: I've added the the share "/mnt/data"

Finally, I tried to see if I could see my newly added FreeNAS on my network by opening the computer window but I couldn't see anything but my own laptop on the section "nework".

NOTES:
1. Network Discovery is turned on
2. File and printer sharing is turned on
3. IPv4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties > Advanced > WINS > Netbios setting = Enable Netbios over TCP/IP

Although I believe I have done everthing correctly, I don't know whats wrong for me not to be able to see the FreeNAS machine on my network. I would really appreciate if someone could help me on my issue.

Thanks in advance
Can you access it by typing your nas ip in the address bar?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

xtec

Dabbler
I reinstalled the windows now its working normally. FreeNAS was well configured and windows was the issue.. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.