Windows 10 VM Update Not Enough Memory

empmdk

Dabbler
I have a Windows 10 Pro VM running on a dedicated 500GB SSD with 4 cores & 6GB of memory set. This shows properly in task manager & CPU-Z. However, when running the Windows 10 Update Assistant to update from version 1607 it says it doesn't have enough memory (2GB minimum).
Has anyone else encountered this issue or know a fix?

empmdk

Dabbler
I have not been able to resolve the issue. Running latest Freenas 11.2-U4.1.

kjacques1

Dabbler
Same error for me.

D

dlavigne

Has anyone created a report yet at bugs.ixsystems.com? If so, what is the issue number?

sleeper52

Explorer
I am also experiencing the same issue. I am trying to update from Windows 10 v1809 to v1903.

1560864425814.png

Hazimil

Contributor
I had this on a non-virtual PC, which had 32GB or RAM! The way I got round it was to use the ISO creator and download/burn the image to DVD and then reboot and upgraded from the DVD.

You could try that, and instead of burning the ISO copy it to a NAS share, and load it as a CD device on the VM and then boot and upgrade that way.

It may get around it for you.

Jonathan

TachyonMage

Cadet
Disable Windows Management Instrumentation. This can be done by disabling the service via Win+R -> msconfig then selecting the tab Services and finding the Windows Management Instrumentation (down toward the bottom) then unchecking it and rebooting.

Found at this link, posted by DaleM73064

Ernarex

Cadet
Right now, I use Free-Nas to run my own Minecraft server (I have a lot of fun: D). Especially now... Had some problems with it (this one also was included). All those problems were because of a stupid thing that I made. I never updated my Windows and drivers. So, guys if you find any problem, first of all try to update your Windows. For drivers I found a really good blog. It helped me to find the most affordable and useful driver updater for me.

htmlboss

Cadet
Disable Windows Management Instrumentation. This can be done by disabling the service via Win+R -> msconfig then selecting the tab Services and finding the Windows Management Instrumentation (down toward the bottom) then unchecking it and rebooting.

Found at this link, posted by DaleM73064

This did the trick, thanks!