Windows 10 and workgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Milyard

Patron
So since the last update for Windows 10 Pro 64bit (guessing any version of 10) I can't see my workgroup computers on same network. I have all mine in MSHOME workgroup. My FreeNAS server before update would show in the Network Browser but now doesn't. This is causing an issue since Kodi needs to see SMB shares on this workgroup server. Anyone have any ideas?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You should have no issues using the IP address of the server. Just because you can't see it in network places doesn't mean it is unusable. Win 10 network browsing is broken. This isn't a freenas thing, its a windows thing. Even my windows 10 clients at work can't browse network properly. And we don't run anything but windows servers for file shares.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
You should have no issues using the IP address of the server. Just because you can't see it in network places doesn't mean it is unusable. Win 10 network browsing is broken. This isn't a freenas thing, its a windows thing. Even my windows 10 clients at work can't browse network properly. And we don't run anything but windows servers for file shares.
The true meaning of "mobile first, cloud first": "we'll neglect and break the desktop". The other day I had an update that somewhat broke group policy on W10. :/

Ray Milyard

Patron
So after looking around and trying few things I did this command with admin command prompt netcfg -d and now it is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.