Will this RAM be compatible with my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibranium190

Cadet
Hi,
I'm just seeking a bit of help as to whether I should go ahead and purchase this RAM I found.

The main issue is whether or not the RAM is compatible with this motherboard. The list on the supermicro website is quite restrictive. The module below seems to fit the criteria of the board but just wanted to make sure and ask the community.

CPU
- Intel Xeon E5-2670
Mobo - Supermicro X9SRL-F
HDD - WD Reds or HGST deskstar (4x3tb) in RaidZ2 (likely more as time goes on)
RAM?? - Samsung 64GB 8x8GB DDR3 2RX4 PC3-10600R 240Pin 1333MHz ECC Registered Memory RAM model number - M392B1K70BM1-CH9
Case - Fractal design define r5
PSU - Seasonic 80+ Gold (Recommendation on wattage would be helpful):)
Maybe a low capacity ssd for the the boot.

Kind Regards

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Instead of filling up the board with a caption of DIMMs, use higher-density ones. 16GB should be reasonable and leave half the slots available.
Seasonic 80+ Gold (Recommendation on wattage would be helpful):)
How many drives?

vibranium190

Cadet
Probably 10 drives absolute maximum also I forgot to add in there is the CPU gonna have enough power for plex streaming, vpn and torrent box. I probably will also play around with virtualization.

Edit:I'll look for higher density modules but having no slots left doesn't bother me, 64gb is plenty. Does that mean you believe that the DIMM's will work with my motherboard?

Last edited:

vibranium190

Cadet
When will FreeNas 10 stable be released? And do you think that the RAM will work with my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.