While trying to install shell flooded with 'Intel Secure Key RNG' returned no entropy.

AWiddleBit

Cadet
Hello,

Trying to install TrueNAS for the first time and I'm having some issues. I boot into the initial installation screen but fine, but when I select `Boot TrueNAS Installer [Enter]` it displays text for a few seconds before the console starts filling with
Code:
random_sources_feed: rs_read for hardware device Intel Secure Key RNG returned no entropy. 

I found an old thread from a person who seemed to have a similar issue a few years back but their system was already installed and the thread didn't provide me much help.
The on screen prompts for installation with the blue screens are showing up, but they get pushed off screen by the error message immediately, making it basically impossible to install the os.

• Motherboard - ASRock A520M-ITX
  • CPU - Ryzen 5600x
  • Ram - 16 GB
  • Hard Drives - Samsung 500GB NVME for OS, 2 Seagate IronWolf NAS (4TB) for pool

Old Thread - https://www.truenas.com/community/t...rned-no-entropy-encryption-not-working.69923/

AWiddleBit

Cadet
Updated my BIOS and this problem went away. Its strange, after the fact it seems like my BIOS version shouldnt have even supported my CPU (ryzen 5000 series) and im surprised it booted at all. I knew I might have to update my bios but I figured since it posted and booted into the OS install screen I was good and didnt check the bios version.