What User and Password in FreeNAS (11.2)

rivey

Contributor
What User and Password in FreeNAS (11.2) do I use when I am trying to create a share (map network drive) in windows 10.
I have my FreeNAS working fine and installed the appropriate mount points in the jail for plex. Problem is when I try to create the share in windows 10, now matter what password and username I use, windows tells me I am entering the wrong info. I just changed the User back to "root" in Storage / Pools / Edit Permissions and that doesn't seem to help. I do have one share working in windows from yesterday but I can't remember what user name and password I used. At least I have Plex working properly now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Bob

Under legacy FreeNAS and a Warden jail, the user and group for you media dataset use to have to be plex with a UID and GID of 972. Not sure if this applies to 11.2 and iocage jails as I haven't yet migrated across to Plex under iocage.

You did create an SMB share that maps to your media dataset? If you accepted the default permissions on the dataset, you should have read access to the share.

rivey

Contributor
Under legacy FreeNAS and a Warden jail, the user and group for you media dataset use to have to be plex with a UID and GID of 972. Not sure if this applies to 11.2 and iocage jails as I haven't yet migrated across to Plex under iocage.

You did create an SMB share that maps to your media dataset? If you accepted the default permissions on the dataset, you should have read access to the share.

I will take a look. I am not sure if I accepted the default permissions but I will check. Thanks