What sync software are you using with Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloa

Wizard
This one is also an interesting choice. Does it do a file by file copy or a full backup?

It does file back-up and HD image back-up. Never used the file option, but did tests with an old laptop restoring an windows image to it without any issues. That's one of my back-ups as, in fact, for my desktops and servers I only run small SSDs that I keep clonezilla images on my FNs, that rsync with my 2nd FN ;)

RichTJ99

Patron
What is the restore process with Urbackup? Can it be done over network, usbboot?

I have been looking for videos on Urbackup & there isnt really much out there.

melloa

Wizard
What is the restore process with Urbackup? Can it be done over network, usbboot?

I have been looking for videos on Urbackup & there isnt really much out there.

Never did over network. Used the boot CD provided by the URBackup developer.

flight16

Cadet
I'm using bvckup2 with CIFS. There is a free version and a free trial of the full version. Some things that I like about it:

• Lightweight and fast. No-nonsense GUI. Does one thing and does it well.
  • Delta copies
  • If bvckup2 is the only program copying to the destination folder, it will forego the destination scan and only copy changed files from the source. No need to compare dest with source every time. Speeds things up. This is optional.
  • Can be set to run as soon as the destination becomes available (eg. when you mount your FreeNAS shares on Windows).
  • Email alerts
  • The developer(s) is responsive and cares. It's not shovelware.
I can't believe it's not more popular in searches for sync software.

Status
Not open for further replies.