What new card to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afmiller

Contributor
I have been running the M1015 for awhile now, and looking to get an expansion shelf. I need a new card but ran upon the issue it seems LSI has been bought by broadcom? I can't find any of the driver to flash the M1015 over to the 9211 like we were able to awhile. Any suggestions on a new card? Or am I able to use a different firmware to flash it?

Thanks
Brian

Redcoat

MVP

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
If you are going with an expansion shelf, you might want external connectors instead of the internal ones?
Do you need hardware recommendations?

afmiller

Contributor
If you are going with an expansion shelf, you might want external connectors instead of the internal ones?
Do you need hardware recommendations?

Chris, Redcoat actually nailed it on the head for me. As for the expansion shelf. I have some mini sas to sata connectors where it splits them from the mini sas to 4x sata. Im always open to more suggestions on different methods that would make it easier though.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Chris, Redcoat actually nailed it on the head for me. As for the expansion shelf. I have some mini sas to sata connectors where it splits them from the mini sas to 4x sata. Im always open to more suggestions on different methods that would make it easier though.
I must have misunderstood. I thought you were going for an external drive enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.