What is the user password recovery method

Glen356

Cadet
I am running TrueNAS-12-0-Stable. In addition to the root account, I have one user account and do not know the password for it. The only password recovery method I have found is for the root account.

What I thought would work, but sadly does not.... Using the GUI root account access, change the user's account password by going to Accounts > User, then Edit. There were Password and Confirm Password fields which *appear* to accept inputs, and I did remember to hit the Save button :rolleyes: (BTW Password Disabled is false). But when I log out of the GUI and attempt to log back in using the username and it's new password, I get, "Username and password incorrect".

Clearly the method I used is wrong: Perhaps there is no recovery method and you just delete the user and create another instance with a new password; that would be odd in my humble opinion. If someone is knowledgeable regarding this issue I would really like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Glen

joeschmuck

Old Man
Only root can log into the GUI web interface. Reference the user guide link below: