What happened to my saved draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ullbeking

Dabbler
The other day I started working on a comprehensive message to Forums -> Help & Support -> Storage. I didn't have time to finish it then so I saved it using the Save Draft button in the editor toolbar, expecting to finish it when I have time (now). Unfortunately, I don't know how to find find it, and at worst, I have a feeling it might have disappeared.

The strange thing was that, at the time of saving, I ensured to wait for the draft logo to dim appropriately after pressing and to give me a signal that the message was saved properly. Am I just looking in the wrong place? Can anybody provide me with some guidance please? Thanks!!

joeschmuck

Old Man
The draft should be in the thread you were typing in. However if that is gone then I would speculate that maybe some maintenance was conducted to the forums (it does happen) and that cleared it out.

My advice, if you are going to create along message then you might create that on your local computer first and then cut/paste it to the forums when you are ready to post it. This is what I do when I vreate a new posting that is lengthy.

ullbeking

Dabbler
My advice, if you are going to create along message then you might create that on your local computer first and then cut/paste it to the forums when you are ready to post it. This is what I do when I vreate a new posting that is lengthy.

It's good advice, and indeed it's normally what I do. Why didn't I do it in this case? I don't know, maybe it was late, or maybe I had one of those trusting moments where I thought, "If this feature doesn't work properly, then why would they even have it?"

Anyway, I'd better get back to recomposing before I completely forget what I was writing about :smile:

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
The forums have scripts that run nightly and it's possible that something got cleared out automatically when it was cleaning caches. Sorry for the trouble!

jgreco

Resident Grinch
There are user-side solutions such as Lazarus: Forum Recovery and Textarea Cache as well. Back in the day when I was routinely writing pages of text a day here, I'd lose things now and then if I didn't use one of them, because the old vbulletin didn't support server-side save and restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.