What does "Files become readonly of SMB after 5 minutes" do after all?

troudee

Explorer
In the TrueNAS Documentation hub, there is mention of a "purpose" of an SMB share called Files become readonly of SMB after 5 minutes.

What does that setting do? I couldn't find any other mention of it anywhere!

I mean, I can understand what it should do (files become readonly after 5 minutes), but does that happen by magic or a special smb-conf-value, or a VFS object (in the documentation of FreeNAS 11.1, there is mention of a worm vfs module with the explanation "Controls the writability of files and folders depending on their change time and an adjustable grace period.", but without further explanation as well... ...and I do not know, what a VFS module is anyway)?

notn

Cadet
Я проверил, это работает, у моего пользователя были полные права. Я скопировал файл и мог править его в течении 5 мин, по истечении 5 мин файл стал "только для чтения" хотя права если смотреть со стороны Windows остаются полными.
Это супер опция, как раз она мне нужна, вот только хотелось бы выставить 1 день.
Если кто знает где в конфигурации можно изменить эти 5 мин на 1 день, напишите пожалуйста!
------------
I checked it works, my user had full rights. I copied the file and could edit it within 5 minutes, after 5 minutes the file became "read-only" although the rights when viewed from the Windows side remain full. This is a super option, I just need it, but I would like to set it for 1 day. If anyone knows where in the configuration you can change these 5 minutes for 1 day, please write!

sretalla