"Web interface could not be accessed"

JenniferWest

Cadet
After an ethernet power surge messed with my NAS, I started getting the above error in the console setup screen.

I added an X520 and it automatically said the web interface was available at 0.0.0.0. That obviously did not work, so I deleted the interface and tried to set it to something like 192.168.1.80 and it just times out/isn't accessible. My switch sees it, the router doesn't.

In the console setup when I try to configure the interface, it doesn't give the option for enabling DHCP -- just asks me if I want to configure ipv4 or ipv6.

Any help troubleshooting is sincerely appreciated, I don't know what else to try.

JenniferWest

Cadet
Update: I was able to access the GUI. Plugging directly from the NAS to a spare router worked. I'm thinking the ethernet power surge screwed with my main router and switch somehow, I don't know...

Also, I discovered once going into the network configuration that I didn't have the DHCP option because the old port was already enabled for DHCP and you can only have one port configured for this. So, I disabled DHCP for that port and enabled on the new one.