WEB Client - Will not diaplay information

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishdrunk69

Cadet
Brand New Install FreeNAS8. Setup without DHCP and have static IP. Login to web client using http://ip address/. Able to login with admin/freenas but receive errors on page. I can do nothing from here as I can see nothing in the browser screens. If I check whats broken it states something about menu no defined. It's IE7.

Thanks in advance for any help!

torrin

What are the errors? What is happening on the console. What kind of rig do you have? Are you running 64bit or 32bit? Get rid of IE7 as well, try Chrome or Firefox.

irishdrunk69

Cadet
I will get rid of IE. It's what I had available. Anyway, it's an HP Z800 workstation. Raid configured with boot up from USB drive. I'll get a firefox install and try. I don't have internet available to box

irishdrunk69

Cadet
Downloaded a Firefox install and placed onto box today. Issue resolved. Damn IE. Thanks Torrin!!

Now onto gettoVCB.......

nicko

Dabbler
Hi,
I've been having a problem where the web interface stopped working altogether so I've upgraded to 8.01 beta 2 and that got it working again. However, like you, the web page showed no information after logging on with IE8 but worked fine in other browsers. Take IE out of 'compatability mode' and all the information appears again. I'm not certain whether IE7 had the compatability mode setting but if it did you may find that is all the problem was.

regards, Nick

segfaultex

Cadet
Chrome was working with 8.0 but 8.1 Beta 4 most of the menus are really messed up and just dont display anything.

ProtoSD

MVP
@segfaultex, I'm using Chrome with beta 4 and everything displays perfectly. I do have the latest 'beta' of Chrome though from a couple weeks ago (version 14.0.825.0)

jimmy

Cadet
hi,

did anyone manage to get the web interface problem solved..
am facing the same problem..
have installed the amd 64 version nas 8 over an amd cpu and board.. the installation is working and the ip has been fixed but the web interface opens with the mwssagw error on page..
system/ services etc icons show but no information is displayed ...

help.. what could i be doing wrong??

ProtoSD

MVP
You didn't mention which version of FreeNAS you are using (8.0 or 8.01 beta?) and if you tried another browser. Most of the time switching to another browser fixes the problem.

ProtoSD

MVP
Try with a different browser like Firefox, this should be fixed by 8.01 Release.

Status
Not open for further replies.