Wake On Lan with HP N40L microserver

sluggy

Dabbler
We had a 6 page thread going to referring to about the wake-on-lan functionality for the HP microserver family with the broadcom gigabit ethernet. However it was locked this month and I couldn't respond to the last comment there.

To make it worse, my post with an updated if_bge driver that supported WOL was deleted so nobody could add that fuunctionality and the references to it no longer match up.

Wonder what the mods were thinking there? Is it a time thing, a number of pages thing or what?

D

dlavigne

The driver was removed to prevent users from downloading drivers that aren't part of the OS.

sluggy

Dabbler
Oh good, that must mean that iXsystems are actually going to fix it themselves in the way that NAS4Free did years ago, or maybe FreeBSD are actually getting around to including this.....fat chance.

Oh well, at least I know how to compile the driver for myself. Sorry everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

No need to get snarky. Drivers come from upstream in FreeBSD and several iX developers commit fixes to those drivers. If there is a driver issue, it needs to happen in FreeBSD, on their tracker.

We also can't have binaries hosted on the forums as we can't be responsible for their contents.

hvisage

Cadet
Is there an "easy" way to have the WOL enabled driver included in version 12?

D

dlavigne

Is there an "easy" way to have the WOL enabled driver included in version 12?

Have you tried WOL with that hardware with FreeBSD 12? If it works there, it should with FreeNAS 12, once it becomes available later next year.