Wake-on-LAN packets redirect to broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Van de Vijver

Dear FreeNAS community,

I have the following situation here. I have a Linksys WRT320N router, but some fools at linksys decided that we can not open any ports (including WOL) to forward it to the broadcast address of your own network.
Now I have one pc which needs to be waked up over the internet when needed, but it can not receive the magic packets as the router doesn't forward them correctly.
I do have a FreeNAS server 24/7 available, so I can forward the WOL port to that machine, and let the FreeNAS forward it to the broadcast ip (if possible).

In short:
I wonder, is it possible to forward any requests on a port (9) of my FreeNAS box to the broadcast address (192.168.1.255) of my network on the same port? So it would act like some kind of a router?

Help is being appreciated!

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
If the PC and the server are on the same "switch" (lets say), so just SSH to the server and WoL :) (I hope FreeNAS know that basic things like WoL, coz it is unix itself :] )

B

Bob Van de Vijver

FIXED
I made a webpage on my server which executes the "su root /mnt/HDD1/system/wol/wol.sh" command with shell_exec from php, ofcourse behind password. This .sh has the right codes for the WoL command. I did need to install te WoL package first "pkg_add -r wol".

Status
Not open for further replies.