volume using more space than expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolf

Dabbler
As the title says, Ive been learning about freenass over the last few weeks and using it primarily for plex & Transmission at the moment. When i logged in today to do some tinkering around i realised my volume is using more space than when i left it last week! I have not told my system to download anything or took snapshots or anything like that. I deleted all my plugins, incase they were somehow using more than they were saying and of course they weren't.

Has anyone experienced this before, is it just a normal thing with freenass if it is what is this extra data? if its not normal how do i remove this data without destroying everything else? I'm slowly buying more drives and will eventually do a mass upgrade of storage soon and would like my system to not use space I'm not asking it too.

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 17.22.18.png

I'm running the stable 9.3 build

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The obligatory question is "How much more space than last week?"

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'll tell you this:

1. The system doesn't download stuff on its own (you must tell it to).
2. You told us *zero* about your setup, except that space is missing and a snapshot. AKA nothing to go on.
3. I have yet to ever have someone find space missing. And a crapload of people do not understand the basics to even argue that space is missing.

So I can tell you:

1. I don't know why you think space is missing.
2. I have no doubt that space is NOT missing.
3. You're going to have to learn the basics if you want to know where this alleged "missing" space is actually at.

lonewolf

Dabbler
The obligatory question is "How much more space than last week?"

"yourvolume' should be around the same as 'your media' last time i checked they were both using only 26% come back to it a week later and 'your volume' has climbed to 40% used space. as said previous only had plex and transmission plugins running but have since been removed.

lonewolf

Dabbler
I'll tell you this:

1. The system doesn't download stuff on its own (you must tell it to).
2. You told us *zero* about your setup, except that space is missing and a snapshot. AKA nothing to go on.
3. I have yet to ever have someone find space missing. And a crapload of people do not understand the basics to even argue that space is missing.

So I can tell you:

1. I don't know why you think space is missing.
2. I have no doubt that space is NOT missing.
3. You're going to have to learn the basics if you want to know where this alleged "missing" space is actually at.

I'm running the stable 9.3 version of freenass
8gb of ram
one 2tb hdd set in stripe
did have plex and tansmission plugin however they are now gone.

when i left the machine last week using it only to watch tvshows via Plex the volume had only used 26% (same as the data set i created)when i come back its used 40%

I haven't asked it download anything and what my question is, how can the space used have climbed 14% higher.

lonewolf

Dabbler
Is it possible there was still a download happening when you left? That amount of space could be from one show.

No there was nothing else downloading or scheduled to download. If there was it would also reflect in 'yourmedia' as everything downloads to that folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.