VMware Snapshots fetch no datastores

wdgloes

Cadet
Hello together

I have installed a new FreeNAS (FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1) from the scratch with a new hardware as the replacement of an old one (FreeNAS-11.1-U6). I'm using this FreenNAS as an storage back end for one VMWare ESX server with an vCenter. The storage is connected to the ESX host via NFS. I moved one virtual machine to the new FreeNAS already and it works like expected.
As backup I'm using the VMWare snapshot functionality of FreeNAS and sent the snapshots afterwards to another FreeNAS at another location. The problem is, that the new FreeNAS get no data stores (empty list, no errors) from the ESX host at the "VMWare Snapshot" configuration dialog, whether I'm trying to connect the vCenter or the ESX host directly. The credentials are correct, because if I enter wrong credentials, I get an error regarding a wrong password or user name. If I'm trying the same at the old FreeNAS, I can see all data stores and as an addition the new one from the new FreeNAS. Any ideas?

Wolf

D

dlavigne

This sounds like a bug. Please create a ticket at bugs.ixsystems.com. When you make the ticket, attach a debug (System -> Advanced -> Save debug) to the Document Vault section (which will be hidden to just you and the dev) so the dev can diagnose the issue. Please post the issue number here. Thanks!

MikeyG

Patron
@wdgloes Same issue here. Thanks for submitting.