dturner71.dt

Explorer
Server specs:
Supermicro X9DRI-F
2x Xeon E5-2650 v2 2.6ghz 8-Core
128gb DDR3 ECC Memory
SAS2-846EL1 Backplane
LSI 9210-8i JBOD Controller (IT Mode)
8 x 6TB RaidZ2 with spare (9 total for Plex, Backups, Shares, data)
2 x 6TB Mirrored VDevs (with spare for VMs)
1 x 250GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD, boot
FreeNAS 11

Set everything up for the VM to run off of mirror.

Windows 7 x64 Pro with SP1

Install finds virtual drive and uncompresses files to setup. Upon restart of VM, I get "Windows can not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation".

I've verified in the bios that Virtualization is enabled.

Thanks guys.

dir_d

Explorer
Are you running EXSI, if not, you probably should and pass-though the disks to Freenas for a better VM compatibility.

chris crude

Patron
I know when VMs were new many people had issues with Win7 whereas Win10 seemed to work with a little tweaking after installation. I installed Win10 and used the Win7 license to activate it.

dturner71.dt

Explorer
I tried to install windows 10 as well. I go through the initial setup and restart. After reconnection, I can see windows 10 boot up and I get disconnected, unable to reconnect. "Connection refused".

Some security settings not allowing me to use vnc on the initial setup?

chris crude

Patron
I tried to install windows 10 as well. I go through the initial setup and restart. After reconnection, I can see windows 10 boot up and I get disconnected, unable to reconnect. "Connection refused".

Some security settings not allowing me to use vnc on the initial setup?
I know you need to change the vnc resolution from auto to full, and once inside windows install the VirtIO driver, power down, replace the FreeNas VM NIC to VirtIO and power up the VM

dturner71.dt

Explorer
I tried to use "High" picture quality and 100% scaling and it still didn't let me connect. Any other thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.