VM bridge makes TrueNAS Scale Apps unavailable.

qedlab

Cadet
Hello, I have set up a bridge network on TrueNAS Scale for my VM using the methods described in the documentation. However when I have this bridge active I am unable to synchronize my charts.

Failed to sync OFFICIAL catalog: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truenas/charts.git'​

I have reviewed some other solutions, indicating a bios hw_clock disagreement and other things, but those were not the issue for me. Deleting the bridge solves the issue, however that limits the capabilities of running a VM on TrueNAS without being able to reach the host machine. Is there another configuration I am able to do to be able to have a function VM with reachback to host and the Apps available?

Thank you for the help!

TrueNAS Scale 22.12
Lenovo M90q
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12500T
16 GB RAM
2 TB ZFS storage

sfatula

Guru
I would suggest changing your question to "what did I do wrong", and ideally post your configuration (screen captures) that you made for the bridge to fix it. You really do need a bridge and it does work.

Patrick_3000

Contributor
"Is there another configuration I am able to do to be able to have a function VM with reachback to host and the Apps available?"

Sure. You could put the VM on a separate network adapter from the host. I'm not sure that will work for you, but it's what I do in my Scale VM, and the host is reachable from the VM. If you don't have an extra network adapter, you could add one. However, the downside is extra cables. Incidentally, I've never bridged a VM to its host in Scale, so I can't help you there, but I've done so in Virtualbox, and it has always worked without too much difficulty.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Did you put the IP address on the bridge interface and then select that IP address in Apps > Settings > Advanced Settings?