Virtualization Experts - Please Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
If I were running a business then I could open those pockets up but for home use, Ha Ha, never gonna happen. I am so happy with my setup that the only thing I want to change is the hard drives when it's time to replace them. I would like to replace the case with one that looks nicer but the current case is one of the more solid built cases I've owned.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
If I were running a business then I could open those pockets up but for home use, Ha Ha, never gonna happen. I am so happy with my setup that the only thing I want to change is the hard drives when it's time to replace them. I would like to replace the case with one that looks nicer but the current case is one of the more solid built cases I've owned.

zc1_mk1_600.jpg

Yeah, I'd say that's just fine, no need to upgrade.

joeschmuck

Old Man
We call that "Retro" my friend. It's all the rage.

Retro - when is old but good and functional , when is broken and neglected is - junk.
Is this a 2 way radio some sort ?:)

joeschmuck

Old Man
Retro - when is old but good and functional , when is broken and neglected is - junk.
Is this a 2 way radio some sort ?:)
Oh no, that is the face of the computer when laying on it's side. The radio was gutted and reworked to house the X11SSM-F. It's rather roomy. The retro face allows it to stand out more like art than an ugly a$$ computer. Also when taking on a project like this you need to treat the rusted areas with a rust inhibitor so it doesn't continue to rust.

Are you saying this is yours ?:smile:
Who has this ? I thought that was a pic from internet that jgreco pull out of his sleeve ?

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Oh no, that is the face of the computer when laying on it's side. The radio was gutted and reworked to house the X11SSM-F. It's rather roomy. The retro face allows it to stand out more like art than an ugly a$$ computer. Also when taking on a project like this you need to treat the rusted areas with a rust inhibitor so it doesn't continue to rust.
That's not rust my friend, the antiquities dealers call it patina :p

joeschmuck

Old Man
Are you saying this is yours ?:)
Who has this ? I thought that was a pic from internet that jgreco pull out of his sleeve ?
Hey, I just go with the flow. I wouldn't have said "sleeve" of course. :D

Of course not but it would look pretty cool.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Radio knowledge or reverse image search?
I'm an airplane nut, not a radio guy. Google reverse image search found a page with the image right away. Once I had the model number, Google pointed me at the history.

Thanks either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.