Virtualbox jail java security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabbler
i've got virtualbox installed in a jail which is awesome, but remote desktop isn't working yet and console either. when i switch to console it's says it's not trusted by java etc. when try to change java settings i got different security problems, but i still can't use the console. I added the address to the addresses which are save in java configuration and now i'm getting this error.

Error: acces denied("java.net.SocketPermission""192.168.10.100:9000""connect,resolve")
192.168.10.100 is my virtualbox address and 9000 is the port for the virtualmachine. when i go to 192.168.10.100:9000 i get RFB 003.008 in a complete white page.

can someone help me with this?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sorry, I have no clue what that means. Might want to look with the Java guys or Virtualbox guys. :/

Dabbler
Did you find the solution to this?
nope sadly not, i gave up a bit since i don't have a lot of ram anyway (16gb). I really need to know this though. There is an older thread and they use different software which i don't like. They didn't find a solution for Virtualbox sadly.

I have a quick question about virtualbox if you read this, do you need a gpu in your freenas? i currenly have a really shitty amazingly old gpu in it but i plan to don't use a gpu at all in my nas to save power.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, you don't need to have a GPU in FreeNAS to handle the VMs since the video card is emulated.

borisnet

Dabbler
i've got virtualbox installed in a jail which is awesome, but remote desktop isn't working yet and console either. when i switch to console it's says it's not trusted by java etc. when try to change java settings i got different security problems, but i still can't use the console. I added the address to the addresses which are save in java configuration and now i'm getting this error.

Error: acces denied("java.net.SocketPermission""192.168.10.100:9000""connect,resolve")
192.168.10.100 is my virtualbox address and 9000 is the port for the virtualmachine. when i go to 192.168.10.100:9000 i get RFB 003.008 in a complete white page.

can someone help me with this?

I am a bit curious, how do you get Virtualbox running in a jail? AFAIK, there is a kernel module required for VBox which does not really allow Virtualbox to be run in a jail.
Although remote desktop is supposed to be done through VNC, which is why you see RFB - Remote Frame Buffer when you telnet to port 9000. Just try to connect using a VNC client.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I am a bit curious, how do you get Virtualbox running in a jail? AFAIK, there is a kernel module required for VBox which does not really allow Virtualbox to be run in a jail.
Although remote desktop is supposed to be done through VNC, which is why you see RFB - Remote Frame Buffer when you telnet to port 9000. Just try to connect using a VNC client.

The vbox kernel module loads with FreeNAS and I have a template that runs vbox itself. I manage them to keep them the same version and such. ;)

borisnet

Dabbler
Interesting, do you have more details on how you setup your jail, the one where you run VBox ?

Dabbler
Interesting, do you have more details on how you setup your jail, the one where you run VBox ?
go to the web interface, go to jails, configure your jail settings, create a jail, choose the virtualbox template and give it an address. Freenas 9* has the templates i believe.

borisnet

Dabbler
go to the web interface, go to jails, configure your jail settings, create a jail, choose the virtualbox template and give it an address. Freenas 9* has the templates i believe.

Ok thanks for the pointer, I will get the FreeNAS 9 in a VM to look how the template has been defined.

xcom

Contributor
I don't post here often for many reasons but... If you are using the OSE VirtualBox (FreeBSD Build) you wont get native remote console access... Nether from phpvirtualbox nor from the RDP.
This is because OSE has no support for VirtualBox Extension pack which is need it for VirtualBox native remote connections.

You can enable RDP on windows and access it that way...

borisnet

Dabbler
I don't post here often for many reasons but... If you are using the OSE VirtualBox (FreeBSD Build) you wont get native remote console access... Nether from phpvirtualbox nor from the RDP.
This is because OSE has no support for VirtualBox Extension pack which is need it for VirtualBox native remote connections.

You can enable RDP on windows and access it that way...

I am confused, on my FreeBSD10 running VBox 4.3.16, I have the following:
<my_system> VBoxManage list extpacks
Extension Packs: 1
Pack no. 0: VNC
Version: 4.3.16_OSE
Revision: 95972
Edition:
Description: VNC plugin module
VRDE Module: VBoxVNC
Usable: true
Why unusable:

Isn't there support for VNC for remote console? I know there is no support for RDP.

Thanks for any clarification.

xcom

Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.