Very Slow Reading Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliano Copoli

Dabbler
Hello,

I am having problems reading from my FreeNAS 9.10.2 thru FTP or CIFS(Samba);
At my 100MBps LAN my read speed is ~130kb/s... but my write speed is 10mb/s.

I have 4x 500GB @ RAID-2Z.

I copied some files over the local disk and the speed is ok:
sent 312,554,293 bytes received 161 bytes 125,021,781.60 bytes/sec

But I can't read the files over the network... any ideas?

When I assembled this machine (~2months ago) the speeds was great.... last week my disks got full... I cleaned it... now I can't read anything faster than 100-130kb/s over the network..

Any ideas?

Thanks

rs225

Guru
It used to read fast over the network, but now it reads very slow over the network?

How full is the pool now?

If you read a 20MB file over the network (slow), and then immediately read it again over the network, is it still slow?

Juliano Copoli

Dabbler
It used to read fast over the network, but now it reads very slow over the network?

How full is the pool now?

If you read a 20MB file over the network (slow), and then immediately read it again over the network, is it still slow?

Yes
When i setup this machine.. i was getting 10mb/s reading on the network..

Now the read sped is ~100kb/s.. i cant read any realfile since the majority of my files are >500mb.
The pool is 50% free now...

I did a factory restore on the configuration... and still having the same problem.

Any ideas?

I copied the same files twice... both times i got ~150kb/s (it´s a 1,6mb file).

I really dont understand...

Thankz

Last edited:

rs225

Guru
Sounds like a network or Samba issue. Is it the same slow speed from all client computers? Any RealTek ethernet adapters involved?

Last edited:

Juliano Copoli

Dabbler
Its not samba issue. FTP is slow too.

The motherboard has a onboard NIC ( ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 ) with DDR3 ECC... nic Realtek 8211CL-VB.

I do know Intel is better.. but in the beginning it was working fine with this nic... now its slow... its possibly the nic chip is bad ?

Thankz

rs225

Guru
I don't think the full pool is the problem. Even a very slow pool should be able to read a file quickly the second time.

You may want to repost your problem as likely a Network problem in the Help & Support, Networking section.

Status
Not open for further replies.