Users and groups from Active Directory not shown in the pools permissions editor dropdowns

kalero

Dabbler
Hello,

I am trying to set permissions for some pools using users and groups from my company's Active Directory but I don't see them in the pools permissions editor dropdowns. It's strange because the FreeNAS seems to be correctly joined to the Active Directory. For instance, 'wbinfo -t' returns "checking the trust secret for domain MYDOMAIN via RPC calls succeeded", 'getent passwd' shows all users in our Active Directory, etc., but they are not being shown in the pools permissions editor dropdowns.

Some help would be very appreciated. Thanks! :)

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello,

I am trying to set permissions for some pools using users and groups from my company's Active Directory but I don't see them in the pools permissions editor dropdowns. It's strange because the FreeNAS seems to be correctly joined to the Active Directory. For instance, 'wbinfo -t' returns "checking the trust secret for domain MYDOMAIN via RPC calls succeeded", 'getent passwd' shows all users in our Active Directory, etc., but they are not being shown in the pools permissions editor dropdowns.

Some help would be very appreciated. Thanks! :)
Are you able to set the permissions in the dropdown if you type the user or group directly in the form "DOMAIN\username"?

kalero

Dabbler
Are you able to set the permissions in the dropdown if you type the user or group directly in the form "DOMAIN\username"?
Yes, I am. Anyway, I would prefer, if possible, to select them in the dropdowns (we have too many pools and permissions to set for users).

kalero

Dabbler
PM me a debug and I'll see if I can reproduce your issue internally. Did you try rebuilding the FreeNAS cache? There's a button for that in the GUI.

Yes, I tried rebuilding the cache, but I am in the same situation. Excuse me, how could I make a debug in order to send it to you? Thanks.