USB stick failed... What to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Cadet
So, I've had FreeNAS running for a couple of years now and the usb memory stick it was installed on just crapped the bed. Can I just drop the latest version on a new usb stick and boot? Will import the data disks that I have or do I need to do something to make that happen? Thanks in advance.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
What were you running? Versions prior to 8 are now NAS4Free. If you were running FreeNAS 8, you should be able to get a new USB stick (note the larger size required!) and go ahead and import the pool. If you cannot rescue the config off the old flash, that may need to be recreated from scratch (sorry!)

Charley

Cadet
I wish I could remember. I was looking for my install file and it appears I dumped to a folder on the NAS disks, lol... I think it's pre version 8 though. If that's the case then I will need to install NAS4Free and try and import?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
It is more likely to resemble what you're familiar with. FreeNAS ought to be able to import it if there's trouble with that, though.

Charley

Cadet
Okay, thanks. I'll give it a whirl with NAS4Free first and then see what happens. Appreciate the rapid support!

Status
Not open for further replies.