USB passthrough for ALFA AWUS036AXML wifi adapter

sakamoto123

Cadet
I have recently purchased ALFA AWUS036AXML wifi adapter but can't get it detected on my Kali Linux VM. I have no issue using other wifi adapters. Also, my Kali Linux VM boots extremely slowly and lags when I have added AWUS036AXML and then not only that the VM does not detect the device, the device is also suddenly not detected by TruenNAS. I have to unplug and plug in again for TrueNAS to detect the device again.

I added USB passthrough using:
Add Device -> USB Passthrough Device ->qemu-xhci -> (select wifi device)

I also get the following alert:

Core files for the following executables were found:
/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 (Thu Dec 7 23:02:24 2023),
/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 (Sat Dec 9 00:14:14 2023).
Please create a ticket at https://ixsystems.atlassian.net/ and attach the relevant core files along with a system debug. Once the core files have been archived and attached to the ticket, they may be removed by running the following command in shell:
'rm /var/db/system/cores/*'.

Appreciate any help for me to get ALFA AWUS036AXML working on my Kali Linux VM. Thanks.

sretalla