UPS service fails to start...

bjcsoln

Dabbler
(with the help of this forum) I have been able to get my FreeNAS box working with the UPS (to shutdown the NAS when the UPS goes on battery). I have been able to repeat this quite a few times, but one thing I have noticed is every now and then, the UPS service on the NAS fails to start. Sometimes I can go into the GUI and manually restart it, and as an example, right now it won't start.

In the console, it keeps spitting out:
upsmon[6125]: UPS [APC]: connect failed: Connection failure: Connection refused

And whether or not this is a coincidence, but I powered down the NAS last night via another test of the UPS driven shutdown process (which did work).

Any suggestions here?
Thanks,
Byron

bjcsoln

Dabbler
Okay this was my bad. Apparently when I tested the auto-shutdown (driven by the network mgmt card (NMC) in the UPS), once the NAS got the shutdown command I plugged the UPS back in (there was no need to drain it). Somehow the NMC card became inaccessible so I shut everything down again, rebooted the UPS, and then restarted the server and NAS. And while the NAS UPS service didn't start right off, at least I was able to go into the GUI and restart it that way.