UPS Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsatchell

Dabbler
Hi,

I have an HP N36L running very well, with 4 2TB HD's to give a 2TB ZFS Raidz2, booting from a USB stick. Using 8.0.1 at the moment will upgrade soon.

I would like to add a UPS to the set-up via a USB connection.

Can you please post a working UPS connected via USB, I'd rather spend £100 or so on something which I know to be compatible.

Looking for 500 - 700VA to smooth over a good 30 mins of power cut.

tsatchell

Dabbler
Hi,

I have an HP N36L running very well, with 4 2TB HD's to give a 2TB ZFS Raidz2, booting from a USB stick. Using 8.0.1 at the moment will upgrade soon.

I would like to add a UPS to the set-up via a USB connection.

Can you please post a working UPS connected via USB, I'd rather spend £100 or so on something which I know to be compatible.

Looking for 500 - 700VA to smooth over a good 30 mins of power cut.

I have checked the hardware compatibility list here http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html

So not being lazy just cautious :)

Milhouse

Guru
UPS support works with an APC BF500 UPS (use the usbhid-ups driver if connecting locally). Won't supply you with 30 minutes of power, but could come close if powering only the N36L (which is an unlikey scenario, as you probably want to power your broadband router/modem in order to keep the network up, and also successfully send any notification emails). Another APC UPS in the same range with bigger capacity should also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.