Upload plugins to a custom plugins jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidflex

Guru
I just updated to Freenas 9.3 but I do not see the option for uploading plugins when I manually create a plugins jail. I see the option to upload plugins to a jail ONLY when I let Freenas create a jail itself when installing a plugin from the GUI. Previously I had separated my plugins into certain jails that I would like to name properly. I also cannot rename the jail either. I checked the 9.3 WiKi but see no mention of uploading plugins to a specific jail or renaming jail.

I even tried created a new template and used the freenas-pluginjail-9.3-RELEASE template, but after installing a jail using this template I still did not have the "upload" option under the jails tab when highlighting that particular jail.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just updated to Freenas 9.3 but I do not see the option for uploading plugins when I manually create a plugins jail. I see the option to upload plugins to a jail ONLY when I let Freenas create a jail itself when installing a plugin from the GUI. Previously I had separated my plugins into certain jails that I would like to name properly. I also cannot rename the jail either. I checked the 9.3 WiKi but see no mention of uploading plugins to a specific jail or renaming jail.

I even tried created a new template and used the freenas-pluginjail-9.3-RELEASE template, but after installing a jail using this template I still did not have the "upload" option under the jails tab when highlighting that particular jail.
I think they purposely removed this feature, they just hide the plugin jail template as an option.
I liked this feature too, maybe a feature request can sway them?

raidflex

Guru
I think they purposely removed this feature, they just hide the plugin jail template as an option.
I liked this feature too, maybe a feature request can sway them?

Yeah it would be nice to have it back, I had all my plugins organized. I will add a feature request.

ovizii

Patron
any news?
I'm a bit OCD myself this has been bugging me since I upgraded to 9.3 :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.