upgrading to RC2 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazaus

Dabbler
Hey guys,

I went to download RC2 and noticed that there is a GUI upgrade option on the dowloads page.

Should I be using that or do I have to download the full image and upgrade?

(I am currently running FreeNAS-9.1.0-BETA-00b60df-x64)

The instructions that are linked aren't different. Is the gui upgrade just for convenience as it is a smaller file?

Thanks,

Waz

warri

Guru
With non-release versions I generally tend to do fresh installations. The GUI upgrade should work, though - but check the release notes for RC2 to see if they say anything about the GUI upgrade.
Also, if the upgrade goes wrong you still can go for a fresh installation afterwards. Just remember to backup your configuration before!

wazaus

Dabbler
Thanks Warri,

Have had no time between now and my initial post to try the upgrade but I see there is a full release version now which is great. I am downloading as I type and will report back for future reference after the upgrade!

wazaus

Dabbler
Installation went off without a hitch! I am so happy to see a plugins option with the exact items I was dreading trying to setup my self. I am so impressed with Freenas right now!

BTW I just loaded my config after a fresh install of 9.1 release and bang! I am back in action.

Whattteva

Wizard
Installation went off without a hitch! I am so happy to see a plugins option with the exact items I was dreading trying to setup my self. I am so impressed with Freenas right now!

BTW I just loaded my config after a fresh install of 9.1 release and bang! I am back in action.
Does that mean that you can use previous version config files to restore newer versions safely?

EDIT: I tried it and it seems it will indeed take previous version's config file. It won't migrate everything flawlessly, however. Some settings on my root account did not migrate. My jail also no longer mounts my storage directories after running the migration script.

Anyone knows how to fix this? Whenever I click add/edit/delete in jail storage area, I'm greeted with a wonderful cryptic page like this:

Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-9.1.0-RELEASE-x64 (dff7d13)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://freenas/admin/jails/nullmountpoint/edit/2/
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://freenas/admin/jails/nullmountpoint/edit/2/
Software Version: FreeNAS-9.1.0-RELEASE-x64 (dff7d13)
Exception Type: AttributeError
Exception Value:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'jail_host'
Exception Location: /usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/jails/forms.py in __init__, line 724
Server time: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 06:13:22 -0400

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
109. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
165. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
25. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in wrapper
158. return self._admin.admin_view(view)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
91. response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/decorators/cache.py" in _wrapped_view_func
89. response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/site.py" in inner
140. return view(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in edit
486. mf = mf(instance=instance)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/jails/forms.py" in __init__
724. jail_path = "%s/%s" % (self.jc.jc_path, self.jail.jail_host)

Whattteva

Wizard
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom