Upgrading from 0.7.2 Sabanda possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I now have 4 harddisks up and running on freenas 0.7.2 Sabanda (rev. 5220).
When I connect two more harddisks to my motherboard, freenas does not boot anymore, it is not connected to the network (the light next to network plug is not on).

Well because of this error I thought maybe upgrading isn't a bad idea. of course I first want to be sure this will fix the problem. I haven't yet connected a lcd and k/m to my freenas server, so I don't know what the exact error is, I hope that my version of freenas is the problem and not some hardware issue, the power supply should be able to feed the 6 hd's.

Can someone give me some advice?

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi SaturnTwilight,

I'm sure we could offer some advice, but right now it would really only be thinly veiled wild speculation. Until you get a monitor on the system and see what it's actually doing we will be limited in our ability to help.

Tough to say if updating would help till we know if it's hanging at the BIOS, or while FreeNAS is loading or if the network simply isn't coming up. It could be you knocked the NIC loose when you added the drives and everything else is working perfectly, maybe not!

-Will

Well, I now connected one extra hd to the motherboard (the fifth) and when starting up I get the message "Reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". So for some reason, my hd's get mixed up?

When booting from CD I get the following error:
After the fourth hd, which is ad10, I don't get ad12, but acd0, with error: failure read big medium error asc=0x11 ascq=0x00

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi SaturnTwilight,

Yes it would seem that the boot order of your hard drives has gotten screwed up with the addition of your new drives. You should be able to adjust the bios to point to the proper boot drive.

As for the cd error...first thing is to try burning the disk at a slower (slowest) speed. You might want to check the checksum of the .iso file & make sure it isn't corrupted.

-Will

Yes, Boot sequence of harddisks was changed, correcting this fixed the problem, now all discs are online and accessible, yesss.
Thank you, survive, for helping

Status
Not open for further replies.