Upgrading / Downgrading from the CLI on Freenas 8+

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dyzophoria

I've been recently trying out the nightly builds and on the latest build i've seem to hit a snag where I could'nt access the web gui, it fives me an "Unhandled exception" error, everything seems to be working fine (shares and iscsi including SSH), now is there a way I can downgrade or further upgrade (in the near future) the freenas build i have? ( a step by step CLI guide perhaps?hehe), (a full reinstall is the least that I want in the future, since I will be deploying this on live)

louis-m

Dabbler
yep.... i'm getting the same. even did a new install with 7457_x64 and it did the same.
think i'll wait a few days before trying another.

E

ElPatron

I had the same problem today. Let´s wait for tomorrow´s build. I will try to install from the ISO image. The settings should be kept... If not: so what! (using these nighlies one should be prepared for the worst case...)

D

dyzophoria

glad to hear (on my part) that im not the only one having these problems, anyway, is there a way to install it via CLI? its a bit a hassle for me to reinstall the whole ISO atm

Geek Baba

Explorer
1. Log in to FreeNAS via SSH

2. Remount the root filesystem as read/write (mount -uw /dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a)

3. Copy the update file to FreeNAS (I used PSFTP to copy FreeNAS-8.0.1-RC1-amd64-GUI_Upgrade.xz to /root)

4. Apply the firmware update (/usr/bin/xz -cd /root/FreeNAS-8.0.1-RC1-amd64-GUI_Upgrade.xz | sh /root/update && touch /data/need-update)

Hi-Liter

Explorer
I'm still having the exact same issues when trying to upgrade from 8.0.1-Release to the current nightly builds (Rev. 8295) - is there a solution to this problem? Do the builds in general have this problem or is caused by the upgrade process?

Tekkie

Patron
This problem is not 'general' I just ran into it for the first time after many an upgrade... :(

The weird thing however that I see is that even the 'backup' partition has the problem now which AFAIK should never happen as its supposed to contain the previous install and not modify anything on it when upgrading.

c0d3m4st4

Cadet
same prob here after upgrading from 8.0.1 beta4 to 8.0.2, using the CLI, cause the Web GUI upgrade never worked.... WTF :(

Status
Not open for further replies.