UPGRADED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE.....I UPGRADED!!!
Freenas is brilliant. I have had no problems with the system.......oh wait...the problem I had was that I was not happy with how PMS would not play 4k movies as it was suggesting the APU/Server was not powerful enough so....I upgraded the mother board to a Asus Z170m-Plus with an Intel i7-6700k with 16gig of Ram. CPU cooler I chose is Cooler Master Hyper 212X.

A friend of mine said it was an over kill....????
Nargghhh!

Anyone else using similar?

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Nice! The next time you upgrade, it's worth considering a motherboard that can support ECC memory, which is insurance against bit errors.

It might actually be overkill. The i7 single thread performance is pretty good, and "affordable" Xeons struggle to match it.

Did you have any difficulty moving the system? Changing network device names or anything?

Nice! The next time you upgrade, it's worth considering a motherboard that can support ECC memory, which is insurance against bit errors.

It might actually be overkill. The i7 single thread performance is pretty good, and "affordable" Xeons struggle to match it.

Did you have any difficulty moving the system? Changing network device names or anything?

wblock -> No, moving the system went without a hitch. I had the complete system up and running again within 20mins. I considered non ECC memory but my supplier did not have any in stock and I was impatient. Thankfully how I initially setup freenas was default.

Status
Not open for further replies.