SOLVED Upgraded to FN 11.1-U1, VMs won't boot but grub-bhyve process using 100% cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

appoli

Dabbler
Hi all,

just updated to FN 11.1-U1 and upon reboot my docker VMs won't run, but when I open the system processes the grub-bhyve task for each VM shows 100% cpu usage. This happened with the 2 VMs that were set to auto-start and once again with a 3rd VM I started myself.
I let them run for about 2 hours, but nothing happened then tried stopping them to no avail. Also tried SSHing into them, but the screen was blank.
turned auto start off and reboot then tried to start 1 of the VMs, still no dice.

Has this happened to anyone else? I saw a comment somewhere that someone was having trouble starting the VM and opening the VNC?
I'm hesitant to re-create the containers b/c they have been having some problems with re-accessing the persistent data in an NFS share (my guess is that it has something to do with the permissions that the container itself is using, maybe).
Also worried about rolling back boot environments since I assume the rancher os in the VMs has been upgraded and that might cause issues if I roll back?

thanks!

KrisBee

Wizard

appoli

Dabbler
Thanks! surprised that worked

Status
Not open for further replies.