Upgrade from 9.1.1 RELEASE x64 fails web GUI not reachable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpl3987

Cadet
I have upgraded my FreeNAS 9.1.1 to 9.2.1.2 through the web-interface. Everything had seem to be correct, but it wasn't. In my NAS are running some Jails (Owncloud, PLEX, website...) and all this services run perfect, but I can't login in the webinterface of FreeNas. I can ping the IP address of the interface, but it doesn't load, and my hard-disks are not more reachable.

Then I want to restore my old installation. When the server starts, I can see the boot list:

F1 FreeBSD
F2 FreeBSD

F5 Drive
F6

Then I press F2 and it appears one command line but it doesn't start. How can I start the old installation??? I can't access anymore to my Hard-disks.

In the console says:
freenas mDNSResponder: mDNS_Register_internal: ERROR!! Tried to register AuthRecord 0000000000C2FD60 freenas.local. (Addr) that's already in the list.
freenas mDNSResponder: mDNS_Register_internal: ERROR!! Tried to register AuthRecord 0000000000C30180 254.178.168.192.in-addr.arpa. (PTR) that's already in the list.

Hardware:
- Intel Desktop Board D2700DC
- 4 GB RAM
- USB-stick sandisk 8 Gb with FreeNas OS. I have the release 9.1.1 x64 on the stick
- 3 Hard-disks: WD 1TB, 2xWD 3 TB

This system was running with no problem from October.

I made one backup of my system, then I updated the FW to 9.2.1.5-x64 on the web-GUI and everything "seems to be" good. After the system was rebooted, I couldn't load the web GUI of FreeNAS anymore but I could ping the IP.

I check which ports of FreeNAS are listening: Only 22 (SSH). Then I know it's not possible to connect with port 80.
In the system, I checked the option restore defaults. Then I can access to the web GUI and the FW is the new one (9.2.1.5).

So I restore my configuration backup of 9.1.1, and after reboot I have the same problem.

All Jails are running ( Owncloud, PLEX, my own Webserver) but I cannot access to the web interface of freenas and only port 22 is listening.

That was all that I did. I did any change more. I have followed what stay on FreeNAS manual.
"Solution": http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Upgrading_FreeNAS%C2%AE

I have another one USB stick, so I have install one clean 9.1.1 x-64 release. After the installation I have restored my configuration backup.
Everything runs good. Like from October.

If I want the new release 9.2.1.5, must I configure everything from the beginning?? All my jails, volumen, etc??? I think my backup of 9.1.1 is not compatible with 9.2.1.5.

Do you have any solution for this problem? If you need more information, please let me know.
Daniel

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Are you using ZFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.