Upgrade from 11.1-U6 to 11.2-RC1 fails; config from 11.1-U6 won't restore to fresh 11.2-RC1 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhanman

Cadet
I tried updating to 11.2-RC1 from 11.1-U6 yesterday, but it failed miserably with multiple errors starting with Middlewared not starting after 4 minutes. So, I tried a clean install of 11.2 and restore my config from 11.1. 11.2 installs successfully, and everything looks good. The config seems to be parsing, but after a reboot, no changes are applied. I thought maybe there is something in my config that's corrupted, so to check I reload 11.1, restore my config, and everything is as it should be. So, I guess there is something in my config that 11.2 specifically doesn't like. I tried upgrading one more time so I can get the logs. I'll attach the middlewared.log now, since it seems to be the most relevant. It contains a lot of python and sql traceback stuff, of which I cannot make heads or tails. I was hoping someone here could help shed some light on what the issue might be. If additional logs are needed, I grabbed the whole log folder. I'm just not sure what all to post.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• middlewared.log.txt
    586.7 KB · Views: 429
D

dlavigne

Best bet is to make a ticket at bugs.freenas.org that includes a debug so a dev can take a look at the issue.

mrhanman

Cadet
How do I include a debug?

Status
Not open for further replies.