Updating Plex Media Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdspieg

Contributor
As I have had many problems in the past updating PMS from the Freenas webgui, I have, for the past few months, always upgraded PMS with the cli (./PMS_Updater.sh -u my_plexpass_user_name -p my_plexpass_password -a). And I think/thought that worked quite well. (Except for that smaller things, like the 'unwatched' icons were no longer visible in the overview screens). But when I look in the Plex webgui, I now see "Version 0.9.11.4 Something went wrong. Please install the update manually."
So can somebody please tell me what the 'right' way is to update PMS? Does the Freenas webgui update for PMS now work reliably (the other pbi's DO update reliably for me, but I have always been reluctant to do that for PMS as it is so much work to reconstructs everything if sthg goes wrong)? Do these FreeNAS-repository updates also include plexpass updates or just general ones?
Thanks for any insights on what the best way is to update PMS (for paying plexpass users) under FreeNAS!

-Stephan

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
That error is a known issue with Plex. Check the Plex forums for more information. Basically ignore it for now is doesn't mean anything.

The unwatch icons still work. Did you turn them on in the settings on your client?

FreeNAS plugins only contain the normal Plex not Plex pass. If you want Plex pass you have to update with the script or install from ports. It sounds like you are updating correctly keep doing what you are doing.

The web ui update works it just can take 6+ hours if you have lots of media. I install from ports because it's simple and updates takes seconds not hours.

sdspieg

Contributor
Thanks SweetAndLow! I'll take a look on the Plex forums - and will try to figure out how the 'install from ports' works. As to the unwatched icons - I should specify that I just don't see them anymore in the 'recently added' etc. overviews. On neither of the clients. In the 'All' view, I still see how many episodes are unwatched, and when I go into the season, everything is also like it used to be. But I also used to see which recent ones had been watched, and so that's gone for me. But so I guess I'll have to go and dig a bit deeper into the Plex forums...

sremick

Patron
I run PMS (PlexPass version) in a manually-setup jail and got the same message when I upgrade to 0.9.11.4. As far as I can tell, everything works fine otherwise. I was one of the people who posted this to the Plex forums and got the same feedback that it's just a fluke of the new updating system, and a reminder than PlexPass editions of PMS are technically "beta".

Status
Not open for further replies.