updating freenas 9.3 alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman

Cadet
Hi I've been working with the freenas 9.3 version and had no problems updating the nightly verson until recently, So i went back to 9.3 alpha and tried to update to todays update 9.3 M4 20141022. However it goes through the update procedure and during the reboot after update, it begins to loop, my question is can i update from the alpha version straight to the most current version or do i have to load all the updates in sequence one at a time?
many thanks in advance

L

L

You might want to ask this question on the dev list.. But, I have been watching the 9.3 builds, and there have been some code drops into the installer.. If something has radically changed in the installer in a certain nightly, it may or may not work the way it is supposed to work. It's alpha code. You should be able to update to the release though...

madman

Cadet
You might want to ask this question on the dev list.. But, I have been watching the 9.3 builds, and there have been some code drops into the installer.. If something has radically changed in the installer in a certain nightly, it may or may not work the way it is supposed to work. It's alpha code. You should be able to update to the release though...
many thanks Linda
I've posted it on the dev list.
many thanks for the advise

cyberjock

Inactive Account
A better place to ask 9.3 questions is IRC. The evening PDT is a good time to find iX devs that can answer questions with alpha/betas.

Status
Not open for further replies.