Updating apps fails because virtualization is not supported.

KristijanL

Dabbler
Hi,

after upgrading from TrueNAS SCALE Bluefin to Cobia i cant update any of my running apps, i get an error

[EFAULT] This system does not support virtualization.
More info...

I am running TrueNAS ( CORE, SCALE bluefin / cobia ) for a long time as a VM in VMware, i know that virtualization is not supported as i didnt enable it and all apps were working fine before Cobia update. Why do we need virtualization for upgrading the apps, this must be a bug, or was something changed in Cobia so now the apps need virtualization?

PhilD13

Patron
Try turning off memory protection in windows security (win10 and win11). I had this recently after a windows security update with some VM's (not VMware ones though) and turned off memory protection in Windows 11 (win updates I read apparently have defaulted it to on going forward), rebooted and was able to re-enable the virtualization option that had become unchecked in the VM manager for all the VM's as apparently windows update had disabled it and the VM manager removed the option as it was no longer available.

It won't hurt and if it does not fix anything you can go back to the way it was.