Update Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im running 9.3 Stable and want to do the latest updates through the web gui and have been running into some difficulties. I click the apply pending updates button, the system reboots, but then doesn't mount the root. I restart the system, choose default, and im back up and running again. Selecting the latest installation does the same thing, and i've attempted this on two different occasions with different update sets when I am notified there are updates with the same results. Am I missing something here or is there a better process for updating the system. The current update im trying to run is: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506292332

D

dlavigne

What is the size of the boot device and how full is it (from System -> Boot)?

It's a 16gb flash drive, under system boot, it says read 0 and write 0, I'm not sure where the size available is listed as it doesn't show under storage.

DGenerateKane

Explorer
I can't even apply the latest update. I'm running if I recall the 6-23 stable version. I can't check though because the manual update window is still up and stuck at 67% for 20 minutes now. Trying the auto update always failed. I don't even know how to proceed. will refreshing the page give me a corrupt install?

rogerh

Guru
You could try downloading the 'manual' update file from the download site and doing a so-called manual update via the GUI. I seem to remember one update where this was the only route that worked, though I think it was longer ago than 6-23.

DGenerateKane

Explorer
I found the problem, it didn't reboot automatically like it was instructed to after applying the update. So applying the same update would always fail. I rebooted it with the intention of trying again but when it booted it showed it was running the updated version. The error message could have been more helpful than just saying it failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.