Update U4->U5 went wrong / new stick / where's config on old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinface

Dabbler
Hi,

the update from 11.1 U4 to U5 went totally wrong, also no change back to a working configuration (also damaged). So I got a new USB stick, made a clean new install (U5), imported the volume. So far everything is fine.

But please help, how to get the config file from my old stick to the new one? I'm not familiar with FreeBSD...

1. How can I mount the old stick and get access to it?
  2. Where the location and name of the config file?

Grinface

Grinface

Dabbler
Ok, but how do access it from the old stick, with the old configuration?

What I forgot to mention, I have only an old backup from V 9.10.2 U6 (before the Upgrade to 11.1 U4). Can I use that one?

Especially I need to activate my only jail with plex in it. Is there maybe a way to add manually?

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Did you not find the config in your system dataset? A backup is made for you each night so it should be your latest config.

Grinface

Dabbler
Maybe I misunderstand your help or I'm not clear in describing my problem.

I have two USB sticks, the old one with the broken installation and the config file I'd like to access and import to the new one.

And the new USB stick with the working new installation but "standard" settings (i.e. missing import of my old plex jail).

My question is how do I get access to my old config on my old stick and import that one to the new stick.

D

dlavigne

You don't have to get it off of the old stick as it is copied every day for you to the system dataset (see the links above).

Also, your jail config is separate from that config. To tell the system to find the jails, set the Jails Root to the dataset containing your jails.

Status
Not open for further replies.